Frequently Asked Questions
The tuk tuk is an iconic symbol of Southeast Asian lifestyle, and is often referred to in some regions as a ‘tricycle,’ ‘pigeon,’ ‘auto,’ or ‘lapa.’ The vehicle can be identified by its motorized 3-wheeled rickshaw design and the low putt-putt sound it makes while chugging down the road.
Our 5 core values set us apart from the crowd:
WOC Owned + Operated: Tuk Tuk Box is founded & owned by two Southeast Asian women who are daughters of immigrants and refugees, who strive to authentically represent and advocate for our communities.
Storytelling: We firmly believe we each have unique experiences that deserve to be heard, and that sharing these stories will help us understand one another - within our communities and among society at large. We’re proud to include refugee, migrant, and generational stories in every box.
Uplifting: Southeast Asians are often left invisible in mainstream spaces. We prioritize partnering with and amplifying Southeast Asian small businesses, local farmers, chefs, and artists for the collective growth of our communities.
Social Change: We use food as a catalyst and conversation starter, with the intention of addressing topics such as race and colorism so that we can uplift and advocate for our communities AND fellow BIPOC communities.
Giving Back: Tuk Tuk Box gives back 10% to the community through our charity partner Courageous Kitchen, a 501c3 food education non-profit, and other BIPOC community organizations.
- Monthly Subscription: Sign up for a monthly subscription and save 20%. You’ll also receive curated themes every month and exclusive products in your boxes. All recurring orders will be on auto-pay and renew 30 days from sign up date. You will receive an email notification before your monthly payment is due. You can modify your subscription frequency or cancel at any time through Shopify.
- Prepaid Subscription: We offer at discounted rates (see our product page for the price breakdown). You’ll receive the same curated themes and exclusive products as monthly subscribers for the chosen timeframe.
- One-time Purchase: No commitment necessary. If it’s your first time, you’ll receive the Intro to Tuk Tuk Box theme. You can subscribe at any time if you decide you want more! No cancellations, refunds, or exchanges on one-time orders.
- A lil' Funky: I like a good mix of sweet, salty, and spicy - But go easy on me! eg. Sweet Banana Chili Chips
- Funky Fresh: My palate is quite cultured and I can handle most sweet, spicy, and even a little fishy. e. Hot & Sour Seaweed
- Funkylicious: I'm all in baby, give me what you got. I live for the funk! eg. Pandan Durian Wafers
Other Snack Boxes: We also offer other snack boxes like our Southeast Noods Box, special edition boxes, and our most popular themed boxes (on a rotating basis). These boxes do not have a subscription option or option to pick a funk level. Check out our product page to see our most up-to-date offerings.
*Please check the corresponding box product page for a list of items included.
Unfortunately, not at this time. The reason we created our boxes was for you to try the diverse array of goods that our Southeast Asian community has to offer. If you sign up for a Southeast Snack Box monthly subscription, there will be specialty products featured month-to-month with information to purchase them directly from the purveyor. However, if there’s something specific you absolutely love or do not love, please let us know and we’ll do our best to accommodate your unique palate!
Food allergies: Upon ordering please let us know your dietary restrictions or allergies. We can offer vegetarian and nut-free options for most items, but currently cannot accommodate all allergens. While not all products are made in the same facility, Tuk Tuk Box snacks may be made in facilities with products that also contain milk, egg, fish, wheat, soy, and shellfish.
Yes! We love packing gifts as much as you love giving them. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for corporate inquiries or bulk order discounts.
We ship orders to any U.S., APO/FPO, or Canada address. Please email us regarding international shipments as they are on a case by case basis and will require a higher shipping fee. Please note: Orders shipping to Alaska or Hawaii may require additional time for delivery. Orders shipping to an APO/FPO military address or a post office box may only be shipped via USPS Ground delivery and cannot be expedited.
*Our business days are Monday-Friday, excluding federal holidays within the United States.
**Once our product leaves our facility, subsequent transportation, handling, and storage of the product following Tuk Tuk Box LLC disposition is not managed by Tuk Tuk Box LLC.
All of our shipping materials are made from recycled materials.
We ship subscription boxes every month on or around the day you initially started the subscription. One time order boxes will be shipped out within 3-5 business days of ordering. Please allow up to one week from time of shipment for your box to arrive.
You will receive a USPS tracking number that allows you to follow your box’s journey to your home! You will receive an email confirmation upon ordering, and the tracking number once your box has shipped.
**U.S. Postal Service Priority Mail products and First-Class packages may require more time to be delivered due to limited transportation availability as a result of the ongoing Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) impact on the United States. The Postal Service’s goal continues to be to move packages as expeditiously as possible.
Once our product leaves our facility, subsequent transportation, handling, and storage of the product following Tuk Tuk Box LLC disposition is not managed by Tuk Tuk Box LLC.
We offer Route Package Protection as an add-on at check-out.
Route offers you "peace of mind" package protection for all of your orders at 1.5% of the cart value. Your cost of 1.5% of the cart value is to fully protect your package in the event that it is lost, damaged, or stolen. If your item comes in damaged, stolen or lost you can make a claim by clicking . Once you submit your claim through Route, you will have an answer within 24 hours.
Route Package Protection Policies:
- Order issues for packages presumed to be lost (where the status is not "delivered") must be filed after 7 days and within 30 days from the last checkpoint.
- Order issues for packages marked "delivered" yet not received and where there is no evidence of “porch piracy” must be made 5 days after “delivery date” but no longer than 15 days to ensure it was not delivered incorrectly or easily found around the premises.
- A damaged item is considered to be a broken product that is unusable, clearly fractured, shattered, bent (if not bendable), crushed, etc.
- You have within 15 days of when the package was marked delivered to file a claim.
**IF YOU DO NOT SELECT ROUTE PACKAGE PROTECTION, TUK TUK BOX LLC IS NOT LIABLE FOR LOST, DAMAGED, OR STOLEN ITEMS.**
TUK TUK BOX LLC is not responsible for lost, stolen, mis-delivered or incorrect addresses causing losses of packages.
Missing items: Shortage or claim notices for missing items in your shipment - In the unfortunate event that your Tuk Tuk Box LLC order is missing any items indicated in the product list, all claims must be made within 48 hours after delivery date any claims after this time period will be not processed. This is to protect Tuk Tuk Box LLC from any false claims or scams.
We partner with vetted small business owners, chefs, local farmers, and artists to share carefully crafted ingredients, recipes, and designs from the Southeast Asian or greater BIPOC community.
Our charity partner, Courageous Kitchen, works with vulnerable children in Bangkok, Thailand. These children are at risk of extreme poverty, malnutrition, and have a lack of access to education and safe shelter. We are dedicated to donating proceeds from every subscription to help feed a family in need! Visit to find out more.