Pineapple Fried Rice by Christy Innouvong
Want something fun and festive for summer? Impress your friends with this family favorite recipe adapted from our friends at Courageous Kitchen. A little sweet, a little salty, and oh so savory -- everyone will be asking for seconds!
- 8 deveined shrimp or 1 cup protein of choice
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups cooked rice (day old is best)
- 1 cup onions, diced
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- ½ cup pineapple, cut into small pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp curry powder or turmeric
- 1/2 cup roasted cashews, unsalted
- 1 stalk green onions, chopped
- ½ cup tomatoes, diced
- 2 Tbsp Thai soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp coconut palm sugar
- white or black pepper to taste
- oil for frying
*Optional: Add fresh Thai basil + red chili flakes + cucumber slices for garnish
- Wash and prep all ingredients. Hollow out your pineapple bowl (if using) for serving and set aside.
- In a large pan or wok, heat to medium and add in oil and protein until thoroughly cooked.
- Add in rice, onion, and carrots. Mix well until everything is coated, then add in wet ingredients.
- Mix in dry ingredients and spices, stir until everything is completely coated. Make a well in the middle of the pan, crack in your eggs and scramble until well done. Mix together.
- Remove from heat, scoop into pineapple bowl, garnish, eat, and enjoy!