Rotadilla with Sambal Kecap Manis by Chef Nora Haron
130 grams of all-purpose flour
130 grams of bread flour
20 grams of melted ghee
1 tablespoon of condensed milk
155 grams of room temperature water
A pinch of salt
- Using a dough hook attachment in a standing mixer, mix both the flours, salt, melted ghee, condensed milk, and water until a dough is formed - about 8-10 minutes. Leave the dough in the mixer to rest for 5 minutes. Turn on the mixer and knead for an additional 5 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 5 equal portions about 90grams each.
- Roll each portion into a smooth ball.
- Coat each ball with softened ghee and place it in a greased container.
- Cover. Chill overnight or at least 6 hours.
2 chicken breasts
1 pack of Indomex Spice Rub
1 cup Chopped Cilantro
2 cups shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Heat oven to 400 degree Fahrenheit.
- Using a paper towel, pat the chicken breasts dry.
- Rub the chicken breasts with 1 pack of the Indomex Spice Rub.
- Place the chicken breasts on a sheet pan, cover with foil and roast for 45 minutes.
- Once cooled, shred the chicken breasts, season with chopped cilantro, salt and pepper.
- Fold 2 cups of shredded Cheddar Cheese (more if you like).
- Divide filling into 5 equal portions and set aside.
Assembling the Rotidilla:
10 Tablespoons Softened Ghee
- Remove the dough balls from the chiller. Rest at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Grease your cleaned countertop with your hands with vegetable oil.
- Flatter each ball onto the greased countertop.
- Using the heel of your palm, stretch the dough as thin as you can without tearing. (it's ok if it tears)
- Lift the edges of the dough and gently pull to stretch it out.
- Spread 1 Tb of softened ghee onto your stretched dough.
- Grab a portion of the chicken/cheese filling and spread it around the stretched dough.
- Lift each end of the dough to come to the middle. Repeat on all sides like an envelope.
- Repeat with the rest of the dough to make 5 Rotidillas.
- Rest for 10 minutes.
- Heat a griddle on medium-high heat.
- Melt 1 Tablespoon of ghee onto the hot griddle.
- Transfer each Rotidilla onto the griddle and begin cooking about 2-3 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Enjoy warm with Sambal Kecap Manis.
Sambal Kecap Manis Sauce
3 Tablespoons of ABC Kecap Manis Sauce
1 Tablespoon Lime or Lemon Juice
1 clove of garlic, minced
1 inch of ginger, minced
1 Jalapeno or Thai Bird's Eye Chili, minced
- Mix all ingredients, season with salt.