Christy's Crispy Crab Rangoon
Yield: About 20 to 24 pieces
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 3 minutes
Recipe By: Christy Innouvong-Thornton
- 8-12 ounces cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 4 ounces imitation or fresh crabmeat, drained and picked over for shell fragments finely diced
- 2 scallions, green parts only, thinly sliced
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, finely minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon seasoning salt or chili powder (optional)
- ½ package wonton wrappers (about 24)
- vegetable or canola oil, for frying
- 1 cup water for sealing edges
1 cup Thai Sweet Chili Dipping Sauce
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese and crabmeat. Stir in the scallions, garlic, and seasoning.
- Assemble the wontons. On a flat surface, lay out a wonton wrapper with one corner pointed toward you. Place 1 tablespoon of the filling into the center of the wonton wrapper. Dip a finger into a glass of water and wet the edges of the wonton wrapper. Fold the top corner down to meet the bottom corner to form a triangle. Press out all of the air and seal the edges by pressing them together. Place finished crab rangoons on a platter underneath a damp kitchen towel to keep them from drying out.
- Heat 1-2 inches of oil in a large heavy-bottomed pot or frying pan over medium-high heat until it registers 350 degrees F or fry in air fryer for 5-7 mins flipping halfway through
- When ready to fry, line a baking sheet or large plate with a double layer of paper towels or oil blotting paper. Carefully lower crab rangoons into the oil, about 6 at a time, and fry, until they are golden brown on both sides, about 3 minutes, turning them over once halfway through the cooking time. Remove with tongs and drain on the prepared tray. Allow the crab rangoons to cool for at least 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with sweet chili sauce of choice. Eat and enjoy!